Non-ABC images are automatically sourced from Discogs , a community-built database of music information. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
The Television Personalities are an English rock group with a varying line-up. The only constant member is singer-songwriter Dan Treacy (born 19 June 1960), who uses the band as a vehicle for his music. The band's first release (January 1978) was the single "14th Floor"/"Oxford Street W1", while their second, the EP Where's Bill Grundy Now? features one of their best-known songs, "Part Time Punks". The Television Personalities' first album ...And Don't The Kids Just Love It was released in 1981. It set the template for their subsequent career: neo-psychedelia, an obsession with youth culture of the 1960s, a fey, slightly camp lyrical attitude, and the occasional classic pop song. Their second album Mummy Your Not Watching Me sic demonstrated increased psychedelic influences. Their third album, entitled They Could Have Been Bigger Than The Beatles showed Treacy's sense of humour; the TVPs were never to have any major commercial success in the UK - although their albums sold...
This entry is automatically sourced from Wikipedia , the user-contributed encyclopedia. It may not have been reviewed by professional editors and is licensed under CC-BY-SA . Visit Television Personalities on Wikipedia to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the Wikipedia article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.
- They Could Have Been Bigger Than the Beatles, 1990
- My Dark Places, 2006
- Prime Time Televison Personalities 1981 - 1992, 1997
- ...And Don't the Kids Just Love It, 1990
- And They All Lived Happily Ever After, 2005
- Privilege, 2002
- Are We Nearly There Yet?, 2007
- The Painted Word, 1984
- Fashion Conscious: The Little Teddy Years, 2002
- I Was a Mod Before You Was a Mod, 1995
- Mummy Your Not Watching Me, 1986
- A Memory Is Better Than Nothing, 2010
- Yes Darling, but Is It Art?, 1995
- Part Time Punks: The Very Best of Television Personalities, 1999
- Don't Cry Baby... It's Only a Movie, 1998
- Chocolat Art, 1993
- Closer to God, 1993
This entry is automatically sourced from Musicbrainz , the public domain music database. Visit the Television Personalities page on Musicbrainz to correct or update this entry. Any changes made to the article will not be immediately available here. The ABC is not responsible for the content of external sites.